Saturday, February 22, 2014

During The Loneliness

Eddie didn’t get to come home from the hospital today. This morning Eddie’s physical therapist and doctor determined that for his safety it would be best for him to have a medical bed at home so we are waiting for the bed to be delivered. Eddie’s coming off the heavier meds and is more lucid and tonight he was telling me about some opportunities he’s had to pray with some of the hospital staff! We know God has a purpose in keeping him there but boy do I miss him! Today was his sixth full day in the hospital. I’m used to telling Eddie e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. about my day through text, phone calls, and evening conversations. He is my rock and I miss him being so accessible to talk with. I have wonderful friends and a sister who I can vent anything to but I’m sure you understand that it’s not the same as sharing with your spouse. Eddie not being as available or coherent this week has really pushed me harder into leaning on Jesus during all the highs and lows of my day and has reminded me that no person can give me the wise counsel and comfort that I have in Jesus Christ. And Jesus is always accessible and is my true rock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment