Saturday, February 22, 2014

So Soon?

On my way home from work today, Bekah called me and said that Eddie’s foot was abnormally swollen. I took a look at it and knew it warranted a trip to the ER. After an ultrasound the doctor ruled out blood clots and said Eddie’s foot has “random swelling”. It was a fun way to spend our Friday night. J

Our family has been in a storm these past three weeks and while we were at the hospital I thought, “Satan is not dealing with our family but with God Almighty. And in this circumstance we will just proclaim God’s goodness even louder than we have been!” 

I’ve struggled with anxiety most of my life. A few years ago a counselor encouraged me to immediately start praying when anxiety rises up in me. For the people I might be anxious about being around, the circumstances I am facing, and to continue to claim God’s promises even if the anxiety doesn't calm. In doing this I take something that Satan wants to use to make me ineffective and turn it upside down on its head and it becomes an opportunity to grow my faith. It’s not an easy process and the anxiety doesn’t quickly disappear but I am making the choice to trust God instead of my own thinking and emotions. And that’s what we are doing in this storm. We are choosing to claim God’s promise that He loves us relentlessly and we will keep our eyes steadfastly on Him which calms our fear and anxiety.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following. So glad you started a blog. I have found blogging to be a huge help in sorting through emotions, processing thoughts, and setting myself straight. Also, the comments of dear friends are always so encouraging. Keep posting! I'll be reading. Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following too! what a great outlet and an even better way to keep us all informed.

    ReplyDelete