Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ginger Rage

Today was a much more peaceful day for our little family! We moved at a slow pace and rested which gave us all renewed energy. Earlier today a physical therapist who will be working with Eddie came by and gave him an “A+” on all of his movements. Eddie was wearing his Explore God t-shirt which prompted a conversation about our faith and we were encouraged when the physical therapist said that he will be praying for Eddie as well.  In yesterday’s post I mentioned I had a meltdown and during that meltdown I well, purposely opened a door with great force and put a hole in our bedroom wall. #notmyproudestmoment I’ve been walking past the hole all day and sadly reminded of my actions. With Paul I can say that, “I am the chief of sinners”. But the unconditional grace of God helps me to see the truth about myself and the gospel frees me from dwelling on my wrong actions. In reading Jesus + Nothing = Everything I was reminded that sometimes the hard work of sanctification is choosing to rest in Christ’s finished work for me and not my own efforts to try and “be better”. Yesterday a friend messaged me Psalm 31:7 and I’ve been thinking about the verse a lot today. I decided to write it out and put it over the hole in the wall and now instead of being reminded of my actions I am reminded of Jesus’ unfailing love for me and what he did on the cross for every one of us in replacing our sin with His suffering. And I don’t have to try and be better because I live under a banner that reads, “It is finished” which brings me indescribable peace, joy, and hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment