Saturday, February 22, 2014

Looking For The Good In The Bad

He’s home!! Eddie is all settled in and soon after his homecoming from the hospital he enjoyed some chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of milk.  He is moving slow but is getting around remarkably well for someone who had major surgery one week ago. When he was in the hospital I asked Eddie what meal he was most looking forward to eating when he came home and he said bbq. That same night our friend and bbq master Robert Garrett of Fullhouse BBQ Just one bite, and you'll go all in!! messaged me asking if he could bring us some of his awesome bbq! Um, yes please!! I love how God blesses us in big and small ways and yesterday I was reminded of the importance of looking for the good in all people and all situations. I’d like to think I’m an optimistic person but when life throws me curve balls I tend to become overwhelmed and filter out the good and really, it’s a heart issue for me. When I believe and trust in God’s sovereignty and that He really will work all things together for good, I more easily see the positive in people and situations and my heart becomes focused on Jesus instead of me and my circumstances. And God’s promises give me amazing peace and joy no matter what is thrown my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment