Saturday, February 22, 2014

Coexisting Emotions

I can’t remember a time when I’ve had such strong opposing emotions simultaneously…sadness and hope, great concern and peace. I’ve been having a hard time articulating that this week and this morning I read 2 Corinthians 6:10 - "as grieving yet always rejoicing; as poor yet enriching many; as having nothing yet possessing everything". I’m so thankful for the comfort, peace, and hope God’s word gives us and that God always knows just what to say when I can’t find the words. Today we spoke to the oncologist and he confirmed that the tumor on Eddie’s lung is cancer. The brain MRI showed that the cancer has not spread to Eddie’s brain (Praise God!) and the pet scan results show that the cancer has not spread beyond his lung and back.  Physically Eddie is tired…he is constantly fighting off pain. He continues to remain in great spirits which continues to be a testimony to his faith. Overall we have great peace as we are just starting to walk this very very tough road. I was reminded earlier today that the Bible doesn’t promise us a life without pain or suffering but it does promise us the freedom to not be enslaved by pain and suffering while we rest in the assurance that full deliverance from all pain and suffering is coming when Christ returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment